Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW STUFF - Pix hosted! Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW STUFF - hosting pix?

Re: A question of scale

From: Tony Francis <tony@g...>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 17:14:50 +0100
Subject: Re: A question of scale

Thomas Pope wrote:

> > I decided that it would be almost impossible to duplicate the girder
work
> > on an Eagle in a white-metal casting without ending up with a model
that
> > would be fiddly to cast and assemble and delicate on the table.
>
> I don't remember the actual model that well, but if nothing else you
> could make the interior of the gridwork solid and lay the bars over
it.
> Or is that what you did?

You talk in the past tense as if I've already made it ...
At the moment it exists on paper only !

However, the answer is yes, that's one way to build it. My plan was to
abandon
the girders completely and go for a something more solid. The command
module
would be squared off so that it looks like the command unit on some of
our FT
models (eg the Reshef, Peled, Yoffe, Yafo, and Laskov to name but a
few). That
way it fits nicely into the SemFed design style but is still just about
recognisable (with a squint in a dark room) as an Eagle.

Tony

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW STUFF - Pix hosted! Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] NEW STUFF - hosting pix?