Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!! Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!

RE: [SGII] Furry troopers

From: "McClure, Kent" <kent.mcclure@l...>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 06:33:20 -0700
Subject: RE: [SGII] Furry troopers

	Beth Fulton wrote:
> >> -Hoka-like which take everything literally and adopt 'roles' very
> quickly
> >
> >I'd appreciate it if you'd explain this a bit more - I don't know
what
> >the Hoka are.
>
> The Hoka are from the book called Hoka! Hoka! Hoka! by Poul Anderson
and
> Gordon Dickson, well lets just say that "one Hoka is a threat to human
> sanity. Two Hokas are a menace to civilization. And three Hokas . . .
> Heaven help the galaxy"! Basically they're VERY susceptable to images
and
> role play at the drop of a hat, and as humans happen to have been some
of
> their first contacts you end up having to do your police work with a 3
> foot, furry Sherlock Holmes etc. They make the costumes, adopt the
speech
> and names etc of whatever period they're playing (pretty much like
small
> children with bigger budgets). Even if you don't like the concept of
them
> as an alien, the book is hilarious, well worth the read!

	Hokas would be great.  One possible figure to use is from the
"Macho
Women with Guns" line.	They had a couple of armed "teddy bears" in
25mm.
And if you are really creative, drop by a craft shop that has the small
plastic or furry teddy bears and use them as a basis for conversion

	And of course, I definitely agreed that the book mentioned above
is
well worth the read!

			Kent M. McClure

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!! Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW STUFF NEWS!!