Prev: [SGII] Furry troopers Next: Re: [SGII] Furry troopers

[SGII] Kzinti

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 00:27:53 -0400
Subject: [SGII] Kzinti

>> There's a good market for Kzinti in my neck of the woods...
>>

>I don't suppose anyone knows of any figures that could be used for
>Kzinti?  Probably not, I guess.  I'd be amazed (and amused) if anyone
>did Pierson's Puppeteers in 25mm.  Kzinti I could see being used in
>Stargrunt II (treated as Light Fast Power Armor, with some morale
>modifications) but Puppeteers would probably stretch it to the breaking
>point (cowardly soldiers who would much rather nuke the place from
orbit
>than have to set foot on it), as would Pak Protectors.  Jotok would be
>fun, though.

Yes.  There's a Ral Partha pack called (I think) "The Seductress". It
contains three figures:
One feline humanoid female -- 25mm tall, naked, tail wrapped aroud
herself.
One BIG Feline humanoid male, in space armor, carrying a rifle
Another BIG male, wearing pants and carrying a knife.

Both of the big guys have rat-like tails, and fan-shaped ears -- I am
almost certain that these figures are based on a Larry elmore cover for
one
of the Man-Kzin war books.  But they are most certainly Kzinti.  I'm not
sure 'bout the name of the pack, or the stock #, but if anyone cares
I'll
check the local store tomorrow -- they have at least four packs.

And for 15mm Moties, there's the "Trimote" figures that Laserburn
produced....

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: [SGII] Furry troopers Next: Re: [SGII] Furry troopers