Prev: Re: SGII: Ainsty Denizen 25mm figs? Next: Re:Where's a listenfuhrer when you need him?

HTML Password Help [a short OT]

From: Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay <kaladorn@h...>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 03:05:17 -0400
Subject: HTML Password Help [a short OT]

Help!

I used to know where an online source of access (through either a CGI or
PERL script) to an .htpasswd utility was. I don't have a unix box where
I can run .htpassword (durn it) easily and I want to generate some
.htaccess files to secure an area of my website for limited access.

This site I used to be able to find (can't find one now after an hour of
looking) was someplace you could go, type in a password, and get back
the results after crypt() had done its evil work. You just copied it to
your clipboard, pasted into the .htaccess file and voila.... security of
a sort.

So if anyone knows where a site like this is.... that'd be real keen if
they'd mail it to me.

Tom

BTW - To make a feeble OT attempt - shouldn't Jon be working on an
Infowar supplement for the GZGverse.... after all not all of the fights
will be "actual". Something tells me quite a few will be virtual, the
battleground will by cyberspace or the EM spectrum, and the weapons will
be disinformation, sensors, cloaks, computer programs, EMPs, etc.

Prev: Re: SGII: Ainsty Denizen 25mm figs? Next: Re:Where's a listenfuhrer when you need him?