Prev: Re: OT: IMPERIUM 2000 Next: [FT] Review the Phalons

Re: DS2 Opertunity Fire

From: Gareth Perkins <G.T.Perkins@e...>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 08:56:13 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
Subject: Re: DS2 Opertunity Fire

> Another question about opportunity fire:
>
> A-----------------------------------I------B-----I-----------------C

> A tank unit of 5 tanks are moving from A to C.
> They get into optimum range of opponent unit X at location B.
> Line of sight is blocked to the left and right of the 'I's.
> X wants to take opportunity fire on the tank unit A at location B.

  I've always played it so that the 'opertunity firer' gets
a shot at all of the vehicles (if desired) - after all in
'real life' the vehicles don't always have to opertunity
fire at the same time - the vehicles can fire as each
consecutive vehicle comes into view, this way the defenders
formation is irrelevent and the formation can be moved
indevidually or all together as desired (vehicles tend to
follow the same path as they have to stick together anyway).

+    G.T.Perkins@exeter.ac.uk	 +
+ WARNING: when there's no more  +
+ room in hell - the dead shall  +
+	 walk the earth 	 +

Prev: Re: OT: IMPERIUM 2000 Next: [FT] Review the Phalons