Prev: Re: IF Fleet Next: Re: OT: IMPERIUM 2000

RE: Sa'Vasku for the Fleet Book

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 00:20:00 -0700
Subject: RE: Sa'Vasku for the Fleet Book

>The different types of structure for the Sa'Vasku is getting a bit
complex
>for how I envision them.  I must have deleted Imre's original post but
here
>are some quick and dirty thoughts of my own.

I (as usual) agree that simple is better.

>No armor, just more damage boxes.  15 mass blocks, each giving a damage
>track row of 5 boxes [00000].	Instead 4 rows of damage moving
horizontal,
>the SV damage track is vertical with rows on top of each other.  A mass
90
>SV would be indicated as:

Why not 20 MASS blocks. This would partially mirror the human ship
crewing
concept, and produce a few fewer damage lines. In fact, that way they
would
have one repair/DC/growth for each row of damage not knocked out !!

>No random power, each row with at least one undamaged box gives the
ship 2?
>power points per turn and 1 storage point.  Power can be used for:

How about partial random power; an assurred amount plus a random factor?

>*Thrust (1 point per thrust for each 2 rows)

With MASS 20 rows, I'd make it one per.

>*Beams (as EFSB Heavy Beams - each point of power used is a die rolled,
-1
>per full 6" of range, fire cons equal to # of rows, no emitter system
>needed)

I like it.

>*Point Defense (1 point of power, 6" range, roll a d6 and result is #
of
>fighters lost)

Subject to the same PDS restrictions as humans, yes (?)

>*Screens (4 points per level)

This sounds low.

>*FTL (1 point per original # or rows)

This also sounds low.

>*Regenerate (2 points per box repaired)
>etc

Ditto here.

I like the simplicity. I like where this is going.

Schoon

Prev: Re: IF Fleet Next: Re: OT: IMPERIUM 2000