Prev: Nic in Oz. Next: Re: Webbed it right this time [FT]

Re: OT You want underreported news...

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 14:41:34 -0400
Subject: Re: OT You want underreported news...

>>This is kinda silly. How many wars have scraps of paper
stopped? And how
>>many agreements have stopped weapons development? Get over
it...  and talk
>>about the Game ;)
>>
>>Scott
>
> Better yet, let's relate the topic to the game! Is it
hypocritical of us
>to whine and moan about the Nuclear Test Ban Treaty being
not being passed,
>when we play a game that simulates/advocates/glorifies the
use of these
>very weapons?
>
>May Logic and Reason be with you, always... Mike Petska
>	 petska@gpcom.net

Simulates, not advocates.  The thing you learn by playing
wargames is:

It's A Damn Good Thing This Isn't For Real, As Otherwise I'd
Have Way Too Many "We Regret To Inform You" Letters To
Write.

The other thing you learn is:

Or My Boss Would Have To Write One For Me.

The people I know who are most serious about avoiding war
are the ones who've been out at the sharp end.	Contrast
that with our draft-dodging President, who launches raids to
divert media attention from his Scandal-of-the-Month.

Prev: Nic in Oz. Next: Re: Webbed it right this time [FT]