Prev: Re: GZG Miniatures Next: Re: Recent SIMTAC experience

Re: [OFFICIAL] New Stuff from GZG!

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 00:21:09 +0100
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] New Stuff from GZG!

>Beth Fulton wrote:
>
>> >I suggest "The Koran" and "Wrath of Allah" as names for two of the
bigger
>> >classes.
>
>> Call me overly politically correct,
>
>OK Beth, if you insist...
>
>> but that may not be such a good idea. I
>> may take the "Bible-class dreadnaught" as a joke, but my parents
certainly
>> wouldn't.
>
>Agree completely. This seems to me to be likely to offend a lot of
>people who've done nothing to deserve being offended.

Exactly why, albeit on a fictional level, AoG's (B5 Wars) choice of
"G'Quan" class for the Narn CH has been commented on as rather odd.  The
equivalent of a "Jesus" class ship....
On the other hand, is the general consensus that names like "Wrath of
Allah", "Sword of Allah" etc, WOULD be acceptable and logical for an
islamic navy?

Jon (GZG)