Prev: Re: [OT]Geo-Hex Terrain for SG and DS Next: SGII: SLAM

Re: The GZG Digest V1 #507

From: Steven M Goode <gromit+@C...>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 10:51:25 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #507

Excerpts from mail: 15-Oct-99 Re: The GZG Digest V1 #507 by "Steve
Pugh"@wickedweb.c
> > The other nations' religions should be pretty straightforward
> > extrapolations of current and past trends.	I assume the ESU are
> > "officially" atheist?   And the Romanovs are a mix of Orthodox
> > (Ukraine, etc.) and Muslim (central Asia)?
>
> I don't see the RH spreading into central Asia, rather I see that
> region as being disputed by the IF and the ESU.

I thought the RH was composed of the ex-members of the Commonwealth Of
Independant States that had escaped being conquered by the ESU?  And
certainly there are some former Soviet states that are largely Muslim.
The question is, which ones got absorbed by whom?

> > NAC mixed (mostly Protestant),
>
> Mostly? As the NAC has taken over the whole of Central and South
> America I wouldn't be surprised if Catholics outnumber Protestants in
> the NAC. Officially there might be some successor to the Church of
> England or there may be no official religeon.

D'ohh!	Forgot about the takeover of Latin America.

I would guess that there is no official religion in North America.  I
don't know about our neighbors the Canucks, but I very strongly doubt we
'Murricans would deal well with an official religion.  Not because there
aren't groups that want their religion to be the official one, but
because there are too many groups for them to agree on a set of tenets.

What other social forces are there that might color the interaction of
different states?  Race/racial tension?  Internal nationalistic
tensions?  Political structure (how communist is the ESU, really?)  Old
ethnic rivalries (French vs. German, for example)?

Prev: Re: [OT]Geo-Hex Terrain for SG and DS Next: SGII: SLAM