Prev: Re: Transport Capacities Next: Re: Recent SIMTAC experience

Re: IF ship names

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 23:24:20 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: IF ship names

On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, Alan E and Carmel J Brain wrote:

> Steven M Goode wrote:
>
> > "Prophet-class superdreadnought"...I like the sound of that, but
what do
> > you name them besides Mohammed/Mehmet/etc.?
>
> Elijah, Yeshua ibn Yusuf, Noah, Ibrahim come to mind. Though no 2 is
> contraversial.

It's that 'son of God' thing - God isn't supposed to have equals or
partners...

If you're determined to name your IF ships after prophets, any Old
Testament prophet will do. I can't see a Saudi-style govt. using that
sort
of naming system, though.

My suggestions for IF class names, or just names:

-Hattin (Crusades Battle of the Horns of...)
-any of the other Islamic victories, Crusader or any other time.
-any Islamic city, past or future. Name one 'Cordova', and get right up
 the nose of the FSE... :>

Oh, and a Jihad-class ship should properly be 'lesser jihad'- eg war.
Greater jihad is supposed to be internal stuff - soul and perfection of
one's own Islam. Not that you'd know, from the actions of 'Islamic'
governments here & now... I can't remember the Arabic for 'lesser
jihad',
though. Anyone?

My $0.02...

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		   - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-

Prev: Re: Transport Capacities Next: Re: Recent SIMTAC experience