Prev: RE: OT You want underreported news...*** Request to stop thread * ** Next: Re: IF Fleet

Webring thoughts

From: "Thomas Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 15:04:57 -0400
Subject: Webring thoughts

1. I see it is possible to rename the ring. I like the idea of Jon
making an image choice, though failing that the standard is good. A
ring graphic with buttons on it (I have small buttons for SG2, DS2 and
FT I think are official or look it) to bring up appropriate sublists
(DS2, SG, FT)is a great idea. I get the impression this is feasible.
Let's put the great ring-crafters on the list together to do this. If
anyone wants the smaller buttons I have, let me know.

2. For the FTers, I have (sadly) little sympathy on the renaming of
the ring. We are an inclusive community, and the ring should reflect a
generalized interest in GZG games. This goes doubly true as the line
expands (FMASkirmish, any future campaign rules or RPGs or fighter
games or whatever). It should be the GZGring. And it isn't an add -
any more than the Wargamers Ring is. It's just a more select group.

3. Tagging the list entries is good. May I suggest tags similar to
those we have intermittently used on the mailing list
[SG2]
[DS2]
[FT]
and I'd add
[OTHER]
[B5]
[FMA-SK]	-  FMA Skirmish
[PEDIA]     -	Campaign stuff and the Pedia and its associated pages

4. The search engine is a keen idea. It'd be lovely if someone could
take a cut at this. But if it is too much work, c'est frommage. It
isn't that important.

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions
(613) 831-2018 x 3008

Prev: RE: OT You want underreported news...*** Request to stop thread * ** Next: Re: IF Fleet