Prev: Re: OT You want underreported news... Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] New Stuff from GZG!

Re: [OFFICIAL] New Stuff from GZG!

From: Steven M Goode <gromit+@C...>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 13:17:33 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] New Stuff from GZG!

Excerpts from mail: 14-Oct-99 RE: [OFFICIAL] New Stuff fr.. by "Dean
Gundberg"@noridian

> Jon,
> Do you have any general thoughts on the design philosophy of the
Islamic
> Federation?
> Does the IF build ships that are fast with little or no armor (as they
were
> in the Crusades)?  What weapon systems other than beams are they
partial to?
> (etc.)  They have fighters but no carriers yet, are their carriers for
only
> hauling fighters around or are their carriers capable of defending
them
> selves?  I can't remember off hand but who are their main opponents so
we
> know what type of ships they are built to counter (like NSL ships have
lots
> of PDS and ADFCs to counter the FSEs salvo missiles).
>
> I'm just trying to pick your head on who the IF are so the designs
really
> fit into the GZGverse.  A full backgound is not needed, just a couple
> thoughts on the IF design philosiphy.

I suppose this would be dependant on the sorts of battles that the IF
expects to engage in.

Raids?	Major space battles?  Support of planetary drops?  Home defense?
 Planet devastation?  Breakthrough?

In turn, what types of battles they expect to fight depend on who their
opponents are and what their opponents have (in terms of ships and
planetary resources and planetary defenses) and the general strategic
relationship between the IF and their opponents.

Are they fighting for territory (to take or defend)?  Are they doing
punitive strikes?  Pre-emptive strikes?  Piracy (anti-shipping)?  And so
forth.

I really don't know much about the IF, so I can't answer these
questions.  Anyone else?

Prev: Re: OT You want underreported news... Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] New Stuff from GZG!