Prev: RE: Star Maps Next: RE: [SGII] scenario QA

RE: East Timor

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 17:52:57 +1000
Subject: RE: East Timor

Hi Tom,

The kit you see on the news feed is the Infantry Basic Webbing; just
about
everyone also wears a "Camelbak"; holds 70 fl oz of water in addition to
the
two water bottles on your webbing. This is the basic kit and all
training is
done wearing it; including the 3.2 km run in 16 1/2 minutes.

When big packs are worn they are generally only dropped on command;
usually
after the sect/pl comd has done a quick appreciation, worked out his
plan
and is starting to give orders. The packs are always dropped in a 'safe'
place so you can get them back. There is no particular drill for doing a
'panic drop' of packs when you need to bug out fast. The packs have
quick
release buckles; you undo one snap clasp and the pack rolls away easily.
By
the way the pack will genrally weigh upwards of 30kg (68lbs) on
operations
when you factor in extra water, radio batteries, claymores,

Owen G