Prev: Re: [OT] Astronomical Inquiry Next: Re: Sa'Vasku for the Fleet Book

Re: IF ship names

From: trapper <trapper@n...>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 20:40:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: IF ship names

At 10:37 PM 10/13/99 -0400, Laserlight wrote:

>Well, IIRC the Muslims recognize Noah, Abraham, David,
>Solomon, John the Baptist, and Jesus as prophets too, but I
>don't think I'd do that either.

OK, we seem to want to avoid all the religious ones (I personally think
that's overly cautious, as politics, religion, warfare, and culture are
darn
near inseparable in the Middle East), how about some ancient Arabian
ones?

Scheherazade and Djinn-class sound nice.  Aladdin and Ali Baba don't
sound
intimidating enough, but I'm sure there are many other names in the 1001
Arabian Nights that could be appropriate.  Or Khadulu for the Lovecraft
fans.

-trapper

Prev: Re: [OT] Astronomical Inquiry Next: Re: Sa'Vasku for the Fleet Book