Prev: Re: Scenario designs (was InterFET) Next: Re: Short demonstration games

Re: Short demonstration games

From: "The thing is, we're not that good. It's just that everybody else sucks. (a Navy SEALs quote)" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 11:18:53 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Short demonstration games

Hey, Colin,

>  I'm thinking about running a few games of FT and the playtest FMA
rules at
>a local convention (actually just the University Societys excuse to get
>together and play some games once per term) to try and generate a
little
>interest.
>
>  I'm not particularly experienced in playing by FB rules myself, and
>haven't had the chance to play FMA - does anyone have any ideas for
scenarios
>that I could run?

I haven't had any time to play with FMA at all.  :(  But the FB
stuff...you've
played with the original FT/MT rules, yes? If so, shouldn't be much
difficulty
in converting over to FB. What I woudl suggest, though, is that you try
to get
one or two games of FB in before you try running any demos, to make sure
you
understand the workings of it, and the changes, because you *will* get
questions that you won't be prepared for.

>  As far as supplies go - I have very little scenery, but plenty of
opportunity
>to make cardboard templates.  I have whatever I can blag off my friends
for
>the FMA men and a selection of 2 destroyers, 2 corvettes, 1 light
cruiser,
>1 heavy cruiser from each nation, and a further group of scratch built
ships
>of various sizes.

One idea is to do the 'circle of death' scenario that someone proposed.
Another
would be to do a simple 'fleet action' game, using the forces you
described
above. A third would be to do some simple scenarios. I have a number I
have
run at conventions (for demos or otherwise). If you want a look, point
yourself
to:

 http://scivax.stsci.edu/~kochte/s1.html
 http://scivax.stsci.edu/~kochte/s2.html
 http://scivax.stsci.edu/~kochte/s3.html
 http://scivax.stsci.edu/~kochte/s4.html
 http://scivax.stsci.edu/~kochte/s5.html
 http://scivax.stsci.edu/~kochte/s6.html

All these have AARs from the cons I ran them at (except #6, which I
cannot find
my notes on the outcome of that one - perhaps Herr Klinger, if you're
still out
there, can help!). I have a ton more, but these should keep you busy for
now.
Of course, most require other/more ships than the ones you listed as
being able
to get from your friends.  ;-)

Mk
-
Daune: "How can you be asleep and getting ready at the same time?"

Indy: "I'm multi-tasking..."

Prev: Re: Scenario designs (was InterFET) Next: Re: Short demonstration games