Prev: Re: InterFET Next: [OT] Re: InterFET

Re: InterFET

From: Tony Francis <tony@g...>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 15:02:13 +0100
Subject: Re: InterFET

Jeremy Sadler wrote:

> How much news about East Timor are people in the US, UK et al seeing?
I'm
> curious to see how this is viewed in other parts of the globe.

We had loads of news until the troops went in - since then, apart from
some
coverage of the British troops, we've heard little. This is I suspect
more a
function of there being plenty of news closer to home (Paddington rail
crash
plus it's political party conference season as well) rather than a
decision not
to cover East Timor.

> Did any news about the border skirmish between Aussie and Indonesian
troops
> reach the world press?

It appeared on the inner 'world news' pages of the broadsheets but you
had to
look hard to find it. Nothing on TV or radio that I caught.

Tony

Prev: Re: InterFET Next: [OT] Re: InterFET