Prev: Long Haul Jump Travel, Jump Stress and effects [FT campaign] Next: Re: Identifing figs Re: [OT] Aliens Miniatures

Identifing figs Re: [OT] Aliens Miniatures

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 15:32:58 GMT
Subject: Identifing figs Re: [OT] Aliens Miniatures

>***
>In fact, there's one figure that I'd like some help identifying.  He's
the
>multi-part Alien Warrior, about 3/4 of the way down the page.	If
anyone
>recognizes the little guy, tell me what you know about him.
>***
>
>The one you identify as '"Heroes Miniatures" Alien with both head
>variants'?
>Definitely not 'Heroics'? Most kewl indeed. Anyone who has more info,
>PLEASE
>include availability.

That's the guy.  I'm not sure about the beginning of the word, but the
end
is definitely "OES".  This bugs me; I know that I must have bought this
guy
somewhere, but I have no idea when or where.  I'm kind of wondering if
this
is the Riversco Not-Alien, as I have only seen drawings of that one.  I
doubt it, though -- the sculpting is a little too good.

>Can you identify the Preds? They look familiar, but I can't place 'em.

I indentify them a bit further on -- Eureka's "Intergalactic Bounty
Hunters"
-- Beth sent me the scan.

>FYI, the Gren Future Warriors have again resurfaced in Holistic
Designs'
>Combat Zone, plastics in the main box, metal in the addon box, I think.
>They were available also in the Kryomek line as 'Nexus SWAT Team'.
Again,
>I think, as I don't have my Simtac catalog handy. Could have been the
>Marines. One had power armor, the other were FW 'gyrines.

I've seen the plastics; same sculptor, but different figs.  Nice, though
--
I intend to get some of the add-on sets.  I thought that they were all
plastic, though.

I have some of the Nexus marines, and while they are similar to Colonial

Marines, they aren't as close as the other guys that I list.  The armor
is
close, but the weapons are very different.  I should throw one on the
page,
though, just for the sake of completism.

>One last question, are you sure Simtac hasn't gone out of business? I
>haven't
>heard or seen anything from them for quite awhile, and I know of others
>who've
>been sending queries and getting no response.

I understand that they have moved, and are currently getting
re-organized.
At least, that's what their page says
( http://members.aol.com/dins/index.htm ).  The page was last updated on

7/7/99, so they were alive back in July at least.

John Crimmins	 john1x@hotmail.com    johncrim@voicenet.com
	http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim/index.html
    Home of "Destroy All Monsters!" and other nonsense.

Prev: Long Haul Jump Travel, Jump Stress and effects [FT campaign] Next: Re: Identifing figs Re: [OT] Aliens Miniatures