Prev: Re: Star Maps Next: Finally got Lightning Strike!

Re: Star Maps

From: Ndege Diamond <nezach@e...>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 21:20:54 -0700
Subject: Re: Star Maps

At 09:50 PM 10/11/99 -0400, you wrote:
>    I'm very impressed by the work done by the  gentleman who built the
>star maps for the GZG universe.   While a group of stars  apear to be
so
>far apart as to denigh any sense of contiguency, in a three D	view
they
>actually do.	       a strategic view?

If I may be so bold I would recommend you check out ChView.  It is a
small
app (267KB, some of the map files are bigger than the program itself!)
that
aids you in viewing 3D starmaps.  The print-outs it produces are not
professional quality but you make up for it by being able to quickly
change
the view angles and zoom levels without having to resort to editing the
map
in a graphics program.

The ChView home page is at http://members.fcac.org/~sol/chview/  Map
files
are also avalable from the site.  You can edit the star data or just
make
your own.

Ndege Diamond

-
Every dogma has its day
-
Nezach(at)earthlink(dot)net

Prev: Re: Star Maps Next: Finally got Lightning Strike!