Next: Re: [SGII --mainly] More Cammo ideas, and some neat models.

[SGII --mainly] More Cammo ideas, and some neat models.

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 1999 23:47:41 -0400
Subject: [SGII --mainly] More Cammo ideas, and some neat models.

Back in the early 80s, a series of models called "MA.K. ZbV3000" was
released by Nitto.  These were mostly 1/20th scale PA suits, along with
few vehicles, and had a lot "harder" look to them then most Japanese SF
kits of the time.  The following page has information about the line,
which
has recently been re-released, along with a great many pictures:

http://www.q-net.net.au/~nipngnwm/index.html

Of particular interest is this page:

http://www.q-net.net.au/~nipngnwm/makartwork.html

which consists entirely of designs and artwork by fans of the series.
Several of these pictures show very interesting camouflage patterns --
and
show them very clearly, too.

Also nice is the only 1/72 scale kit in the line, a tank called (and I
don't know why...) "Nutrocker":

http://www.q-net.net.au/~nipngnwm/nutrockerphk1031a.html

I have two of these kits, from the origninal release, and they are
perfect
for SGII.  The PA trooper that comes with the kit is almost exactly 25mm
scale, and he blends in fine next to my NSL PA.  It's a neat, and
different, design -- well worth picking up, if you can find someone who
deals with Sentai (the US distributor -- I don't know about elsewhere)
it's
worth picking one up.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Next: Re: [SGII --mainly] More Cammo ideas, and some neat models.