Prev: Re: Landships II Next: Re: Transport capacities

Re: Super Carrier (was: Transport capacities)

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 14:15:06 -0700
Subject: Re: Super Carrier (was: Transport capacities)

At 1:51 PM -0400 10/8/99, Ryan M Gill wrote:

>This whole carrier thing has me thinking about typical carrier
missions.
>Specifically the use of Tankers to extend operational range of
fighters,
>the SWACS craft concept, and EW flights of aircraft.
>
>One fighter bay with several mixed craft that launch separately would
>work well.
>
>I'm really just trying to figure out a carrier that has suffucient mass
>for a full combat compliment of fighters and support craft.

Allow for lots of support craft in the hangar bay: SAR craft (should
affect the morale of the strike group), tankers and EW/Recon craft. A
quick look through my Star Blazers material (hey, the run more space
carriers than just about anyone) shows the following proportions of
support craft to combat craft:

EDF: 10% support craft
Comet Empire: 15-20%
Gamilon:10-15%

Other backgrounds to look at would be Wing Commander and Galactica,
for which I don't have reference material handy.

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.
Overkill: A Sufficient Preponderance of Firepower
http://www.flash.net/~maserati/
Security and Privacy Alert:
http://www.cryptonym.com/hottopics/msft-nsa.html

Prev: Re: Landships II Next: Re: Transport capacities