Prev: Re: RE: RE: Ogres, Bolos and things that go bump in the night [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: Transport capacities

Re: Ogres, Bolos and things that go bump in the night[CLEAN STAMP]

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 8:15:00 -0500
Subject: Re: Ogres, Bolos and things that go bump in the night[CLEAN STAMP]

>>> owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet 10/07 4:04 PM >>>
>Thats why you have to allow using additional armor levels, above the
>currently allowed. If you really want to simulate the big guys, Ogres
and
>Bolos, they have to be really tough, at least 7-9 armor levels to even
come

>close to how tough they are supposed to be. As I recall (not having
DSII
>handy) the movement cost is on the motive modules themselves, not on
the
>whole thing.

That is correct.

>What I do when building ogres is make the modules that hold the
>motive power small, and plentiful, so when the Ogre loses them, it
slows
down
>proportionately. I also have them so that you can only target the parts

that
>are facing, so you can't have swarms targeting every weak spot.

I wouldn't make the tread modules too small as that would be my first
target.
  Immobilize the vehicle then pound on it from a safe distance.

Mike

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re
mtmiserendino@lnc.com

Prev: Re: RE: RE: Ogres, Bolos and things that go bump in the night [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: Transport capacities