Prev: Re: [FT]FSE Reinforcements Next: Re: My first FT 3D CGI rendering

Re: [FT]FSE Reinforcements

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 13:44:40 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [FT]FSE Reinforcements

On  7-Oct-99 at 13:40, Michael T Miserendino (MTMiserendino@lnc.com)
wrote:
> Roger wrote:
> >Some of these ships have far too much SM capacity for the >number >of

> launchers.  12 spaces of SM's with 1 luancher in the >Garibaldi is
>rather
> extreme.  Combats rarely last long enough to >get all 6 >launched.  It
> would  be a far better design if you dropped 4 >mass of >storage and
> installed  other weapons or added a second >launcher.
>
> Two missile launchers and two magazines would give the ship more
combat
> punch as well as protect it from losing its missile capability with
just
> one  hit.  The larger capacity magazines seems more practical for
> strategic games  or campaigns.

Well, speaking from experience from the campaign I am in, you don't
put excess SM capacity in your ships, you have a supply train for
that.

I just lost a world because I started the campaign without supply
ships.	I had enough forces to hold my opponent, but down 4 fighter
squadrons and no SM's, with my SDN needing 9 and my missile cruiser
needing 10, I was left with no choice but to withdraw.	The sad thing
is I'm going in next turn to take it back full up, however, I will
only have 7 replacements SM's and no fighters, so I may not be able
to hold it once I take it.  I can't afford to let him get the production
points. :(

Roger

Prev: Re: [FT]FSE Reinforcements Next: Re: My first FT 3D CGI rendering