Prev: RE: My first FT 3D CGI rendering Next: Re: John's Bogies. . .

Re: John's Bogies. . .

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 12:41:21 -0400
Subject: Re: John's Bogies. . .

>>I painted an entire army of these guys -- 50
>>troopers, 5 Officers, 5 vehicles, 2 Smartbombs, 5 PA Troopers, and
some
>>miscellaneous guys -- in about 2 weeks.  It was a good feeling, and
I'll
>>probably never be able to do anything like it again.
>
>	What, you mean your supposed to PAINT them!  (looking at the
literally
>HUNDREDS of unpainted mini's in my closet)
>
>	Great job, so when are their stats for Stargruntgonna show up on
the
page. :)

Eventually.  Very, very, very eventually....  ShockForce stats will come
first, I'm afraid.

>	I saw those figures once and didn't like the look, but after
seeing them
>painted, I figure I need to get some!

Fortress' stuff tends to look pretty horrible on their website, but
painted
up it looks fantastic.	Their 1/300 scale tanks, soon to be re-released,
are some of my all-time favorites...and you can't beat the price.  I
have a
picture of two of the tanks on my Desert Camo page, but it's a pretty
bad
picture, and doesn't do them any justice.

Just remember, if you DO get Fortress figures, you need to prime them
with
spraypaint.  Otherwise, acrylics just puddle right off.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: RE: My first FT 3D CGI rendering Next: Re: John's Bogies. . .