Prev: Re: Unofficial Stargrunt II Web Site Update Next: Transport capacities

Re: Gothic Thrust - comments and questions

From: "Tom McCarthy" <tmcarth@f...>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 14:18:03 -0400
Subject: Re: Gothic Thrust - comments and questions

Well, addressing some of the easy ones...

>Second, how do the beam dice work in GT? Is it...
>
>a) Standard FB dice with re-rolls?
>b) FT2 dice (ie, *without* re-rolls)?
>c) FT2 dice, but having to equal or beat the target's armour rating
>    (same effect on FT dice as screens, with 5+ armour corresponding
>    to level-1 screens and 6+ to level-2)?
I use c).  For example, when rolling against an Imperial Cruiser's flank
(5+
armour), 5's do 1 damage and 6's do 2 damage.  Further, the 6's allow a
reroll where 4's and 5's do 1 damage and 6's do 2 damage plus a further
reroll.

Quite frankly, I'm less enamoured of rerolls lately (that and SML attack
envelopes).  I'm considering playing without rerolls and with 4" SML
envelopes in vector and cinematic.

>While I'm certainly biased towards the Eldar, downgrading their
>principal defences as well as their heaviest guns by about 20% each
>seem a bit... let's call it "biased in the opposite direction" <g>
While the Eldar are more fragile and a bit less powerful, initial play
shows
that the modified turn sequence favours them so greatly as to offset
these
disadvantages.

> Why are all the Eldar Pulser mounts marked with a "2"? If they're
>supposed to work just like they do in BFG, shouldn't this be a "3"?
I believe the "2" is the range, which I believe is 2 range bands.

>Is the "Reflex Field" symbol only a marker for "Capital Ships", or
>does it represent an actual system? If so, which?
If I recall correctly, that's the teleporter.

Prev: Re: Unofficial Stargrunt II Web Site Update Next: Transport capacities