Prev: Re: Kewl Figs Next: Re: Painting question - Orange

Re: FT-Mobile Suits

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 08:05:42 -0700
Subject: Re: FT-Mobile Suits

At 10:16 AM -0400 10/6/99, Chip Dunning wrote:
> > >I'd say you'd have to see the shows.  It seems more a matter of
style
>than
>> >anything.  The PDS systems in Gundam are not shown as being tough
enough
>> >take out a MS in one shot.	They pick away at  them, chewing them
into
>> >little mecha bits, then a big ball of fire.
>
>Well, my Gundam experience only applies to The Movie, 0083, 0080 - so
it is
>limited. But from those shows MS mostly fight each other - the capital
ships
>serve mostly to launch Mobile Suits into combat. If a suit can get past
the
>main line of defense (other MS) they rip into capital ships. There are
>several instances of MSs destroying Frigates/DDs in fairly quick order.
>    For the Caps - MS are best destroyed by large beam batteries and
>sub-munitions.

I'm with Chip on this one. Any time you've got MS in action, they're
always tough.

I'd kinda like to see an anime where somebody introduces mobile suits
into combat, and they get stomped bigtime by fighters and point
defense. It's cynical, but funny. Maybe a few giant cylons in the new
Battlestar Galactica movie ?

>> M 'You mean that big box in the corner w/antennae does more than
>> collect dust?' k
>
>I have heard that in certain parts of the world the black box can
actually
>receive invisible waves which are used to display moving pictures.
>Personally, I have not tried this out for several years - my box only
being
>used for VHS/DVDs. I have cable only for the modem - and that is just
until
>my local Bell gets off its fat ass and extends their ASDL line - I am a
fing
>dang blast-it 150m from the farthest point they allow.

It could be worse, the local monopoly remnant sold me a dsl line and
then (3 months, 5 trouble tickets and 5 visits from techs) realized I
was too far from the central office to support the line.    If DSL
still appears on the bill (cancelled in May), then they're SO sued.

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.
Overkill: A Sufficient Preponderance of Firepower
http://www.flash.net/~maserati/
Security and Privacy Alert:
http://www.cryptonym.com/hottopics/msft-nsa.html

Prev: Re: Kewl Figs Next: Re: Painting question - Orange