Prev: Re: Steven's medieval rules Next: strange forces (was Re: MISC JUNK...)

Re: Painting question - Orange

From: Thomas Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 10:40:21 -0400
Subject: Re: Painting question - Orange

Jon Davis wrote:

> I tried to paint an orange base coat on a starship figure last night.
> I had primed it with white.  Ral Partha Orange was very thin and I
> wasn't terribly happy with the first coat's results.	I also tried
> an old bottle of Citadel Hobgoblin Orange and the results were even
> worse.
>
> Are there any suggestions for better coverage or a primer base color
> that would do a better job for a one coat layer of orane base?

You might want go out and buy a cheap can of orange spray paint to prime
the miniature.	I bought a can of yellow at K-Mart for about $1.50 that
I used to prime my taxicab (slightly modified GZG police cruiser)

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~tpope/miniatures/gallery/taxi.jpg

In this case I happened to have a shade of yellow paint that matched
pretty well to the spray, which was very helpful for the inevitible
touch-up work. (especially with that @%@#$%@! checkerboard striping)

Tom

--
Thomas Pope
Human Computer Interaction Institute

Prev: Re: Steven's medieval rules Next: strange forces (was Re: MISC JUNK...)