Prev: Back from the Dead (MKW/LFI/XW) Next: Re: FT-Mobile Suits

Re: Painting question - Orange

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 8:12:00 -0500
Subject: Re: Painting question - Orange

Jon,

Most light color paints require mutiple coats to make a uniform finish.
You
will get better results applying several light coats versus one heavy
coat.
This will help prevent the paint from getting muddy and covering all the

fine details as well as leaving puddles in crevices.

Mike

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re
mtmiserendino@lnc.com

>>> owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet 10/06 5:07 AM >>>

I tried to paint an orange base coat on a starship figure last night.
I had primed it with white.  Ral Partha Orange was very thin and I
wasn't terribly happy with the first coat's results.  I also tried
an old bottle of Citadel Hobgoblin Orange and the results were even
worse.

Are there any suggestions for better coverage or a primer base color
that would do a better job for a one coat layer of orane base?

Thanks,

Jon

Prev: Back from the Dead (MKW/LFI/XW) Next: Re: FT-Mobile Suits