Prev: Re: Rot Hafen Finish Next: Re: [FT] Jovian formation

Re: [FT] Jovian formation

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 06:34:37 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT] Jovian formation

At 6:42 AM -0400 10/5/99, Imre A. Szabo wrote:
>Scientists who work on planetary formation theory consider Bode's Law
as
>an interesting mathematical idea that doesn't explain reality, but
>rather happens to coincides with it in our star system.  Even if they
>are wrong, Bode's Law doesn't work for our purposes because you have to
>deal with captured satellites, planets and moons shifting their orbits,
>etc.  The root of our problem is not just how star system form, it is
>also how they evolve over time.  I have been trying to develop a star
>system formation and evolution system that emulates reality for years.
>I am no closer now then when I started, but I did learn how little I
>really know.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/6902/w_accr.html is a very nice solar
system generator. I just wish it produced a text listing of the
bodies in the system instead of just pretty pictures; but that's what
source code is for.

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.
Overkill: A Sufficient Preponderance of Firepower
http://www.flash.net/~maserati/
Security and Privacy Alert:
http://www.cryptonym.com/hottopics/msft-nsa.html

Prev: Re: Rot Hafen Finish Next: Re: [FT] Jovian formation