Prev: Re: GMS Air Next: Re: GMS Air

Re: GMS Air

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 10:56:58 -0400
Subject: Re: GMS Air

Ryan M Gill wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Los wrote:
>
> > then now the AT4 (though there are still a lot of M66 LAWs in the
system to get
> > rid of.) Most in the know have maintained that the way to go all
along would
> > have been the Carl Gustav for all US forces but you know how DOD is
with
> > foreign stuff...
>
> Its my perception that the AT4 fills the range gap between the M66 and
> the TOW. Dragon is used there to some extent, but not as much as of
late.

Well sort of. The max effective range of the M66LAW was suposedly
200meters. (though
not really becasue it was more like 100 meters, FROM behind) while the
AT4 is good
out to 300 meters. The dragon was supposed to be good out to 1000
meters, if it
worked.

BTW the Current TOW (As used in a Bradley) is effective between 65
meters out to 3750
but is best used between 1500-2500 meters.
Cheers...

Los

Prev: Re: GMS Air Next: Re: GMS Air