Prev: Re: OT 40k Squats Next: Re: GMS Air

Re: GMS Air

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 17:37:29 +1200
Subject: Re: GMS Air

> Los wrote:
> > What part of the term "fire and forget" don't you understand? You
don't have to paint the target for it's entire flight you only have to
paint it momentarily for lock on either with laser or millimeter wave
fire control radar (AGM114IIR).

Ryan wrote:
> I've never understood that hellfire was fire and forget. It was my
impression that it could be lauched from way back (8 klicks) by another
helo and lobbed towards a target area in a set of ripples. Individual
designators that were coded could then designate targets.

	The older laser guided Hellfire can do this.

> I was not of the impression that it was cued to a target and then the
designator could switch off. Then it would be more of the genra of a
optically or IIR missile.

	The newer MMW Hellfire can do this, I believe.

Andrew Martin
Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Online @ 33,600 Baud!
-><-

Prev: Re: OT 40k Squats Next: Re: GMS Air