Prev: Re: GMS Air Next: Re: GMS Air

Re: GMS Air

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 13:07:10 +1000
Subject: Re: GMS Air

Daniel Staberg wrote:

> > Andrew Martin wrote:
> > Well first off an RB70 is a wire guided optically sighted SAM.

> Sorry Los but the RB70 is a laser beam rider not a wireguided missile

Right. And a rather good MANPADS it is too. (MAN Portable Air Defence
System). It's only fault is that if you use it to defend ships at sea
(which is was NOT designed for) it suffers from corrosion. Quite a few
of the lauchers that saw service in the Gulf are now used only for
training.

> Before leaving the army I used to command a SAM unit with RB70s and
the
> idea of using it to stop tanks would not have been apealing....
> I would leave that to the infantry with RBS56 BILL and TOW or Carl
Gustav

Carl Gustav - another fine piece of Swedish engineering that the
Australian Army uses. Just be careful of the back-blast.

Which version of the RBS-70 do you have experience with?
--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Re: GMS Air Next: Re: GMS Air