Prev: Re: GMS Air Next: [FT] Size of the universe

Re: GMS Air

From: Daniel Staberg <daniel@i...>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 04:26:55 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: GMS Air

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Los wrote:

> Andrew Martin wrote:
>
> > Popeyesays@aol.com wrote:
> > > Too late for you to claim a patent. The Hellfire missile system
was
> > designed to engage both typoes of targets [tank and aircraft] and
does
> > so pretty effectively
> >
> >	    Can you let me know how a wireguided missile can hit a jet
going
> > several hundred kilometers per hour while a Hellfire goes at a
> > substantially slower pace? The latest MMW Hellfire doesn't go much
> > faster IIRC.
> >

> Well first off an RB70 is a wire guided optically sighted SAM. Keep in
mind
> that most shoulder fired SAMs don't have that much more range than one
of the
> newer ITOWs HELLFIRES etc.

After lurking for quit a while on this list I make my first posting.
My name is Daniel Staberg and I am Swedish, 31 years old and a computer
consultant.
Sorry Los but the RB70 is a laser beam rider not a wireguided missile,
and
I would be intreested know who claimed that they could knock out tanks.
Maybee scratch the paint on a T-80....
Before leaving the army I used to command a SAM unit with RB70s and the
idea of using it to stop tanks would not have been apealing....
I would leave that to the infantry with RBS56 BILL and TOW or Carl
Gustav

regards
Daniel Staberg

Prev: Re: GMS Air Next: [FT] Size of the universe