Prev: Re: [AD] Dirtside Rules Question Next: Re: GMS Air

Re: GMS Air

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 10:15:56 +1200
Subject: Re: GMS Air

Popeyesays@aol.com wrote:
> Too late for you to claim a patent. The Hellfire missile system was
designed to engage both typoes of targets [tank and aircraft] and does
so pretty effectively

	Can you let me know how a wireguided missile can hit a jet going
several hundred kilometers per hour while a Hellfire goes at a
substantially slower pace? The latest MMW Hellfire doesn't go much
faster IIRC.

	While Hellfires have destroyed stationary, on the ground,
aircraft,
they are of little use against a jet in flight, save as a distraction.
Apache helicopters were designed to carry Stinger or Sidewinders for
self defence against jets. So too are the  Comanche, I believe.

Andrew Martin
Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Online @ 33,600 Baud!
-><-

Prev: Re: [AD] Dirtside Rules Question Next: Re: GMS Air