Prev: Re: Camo Schemes - Rot Hafen Next: Re: Jets Vs Vtol

Re: Camo Schemes - Rot Hafen

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 06:54:13 -0400
Subject: Re: Camo Schemes - Rot Hafen

Alan E and Carmel J Brain wrote:

> Bell, Brian K wrote:
> >
> > While not as shifted as you seem to be, I too seem to have a little
shift.
> > Twilight is my favorite time because of the glow on everything.
>
> Same here. One other thing: under cloud white shirts don't just glow,
> they radiate quite strongly. Must be something in the washing powder
> that absorbs natural light and radiates near-UV.

	Yep.  Check the detergent box and see if it
	includes "whiteners and brighteners"
	They fluoresce under UV in an attempt to fool people
	that their clothes are somehow cleaner when you
	use that brand of detergent.  And as you have just
	proved, they produce more UV than visible light.

	How do you see one of those 1960's style hippy
	"black lights", used to make psychedelic posters
	glow?  To the non-UV senstive, they glow
	a dull purple.

Prev: Re: Camo Schemes - Rot Hafen Next: Re: Jets Vs Vtol