Prev: Re: Camo Schemes - Rot Hafen Next: B5 Crusade?

Re:Browser Wars - er - Preferences

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 14:54:56 +1000
Subject: Re:Browser Wars - er - Preferences

Tim Jones wrote:

> >I went to Rumours & Rumblings and it's much more readable with IE4
than
> >Netscape Gold.  I'm not sure why.
>
> Its ok in communicator 4.0 - you need to upgrade Gold is
> way out of date.

Well, some of us like the capability of having a built-in WYSIWYG HTML
editor, a browser that runs 5-6 times as fast as Communicator 4, and
something that runs on Win 3.11. I'm spoilt: a P-400 with Win9x isn't
nearly as fast as my old P150 with Win 3.11. And as it's connected to
the internet, and Win9x has an average of 4 new security holes patched
per month, I think I'll keep it. It's only marginally more secure than
Win9x, but no-one writes new virusses for it.

--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Re: Camo Schemes - Rot Hafen Next: B5 Crusade?