Prev: Re: New Website: Starship Combat News Next: Re: Gothic Thrust: A Battlefleet Gothic Full Thrust variant

Re: Camo Schemes - Rot Hafen

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 18:12:20 -0400
Subject: Re: Camo Schemes - Rot Hafen

>Yes, this is correct. There's enough variation in the human
species so
>that most people can see in the near UV, absent the lens
problem (which
>isn't a problem, it protects the eyes from damage). But
there is a
>minority who are descended from people who lived up high in
the
>mountains in cloudy areas who have lost the lens
protection, but gained
>better vision in cloud (and who have slightly different
cones and rods,
>less sensitive to UV damage).

I designed a Champions character with UV vision and a
Physical Limitation: can't see red or orange--glad I'm
right.

Someone mentioned allied spies in WW2 using UV lights to
signal with.  I've also heard that Britain used UV lights to
mark airfields so only poeple with UV vision gear could see
them.  Unfortunately, the UV-vision variant apparently is
most common in Teutonic populations which rather rendered it
pointless.

Prev: Re: New Website: Starship Combat News Next: Re: Gothic Thrust: A Battlefleet Gothic Full Thrust variant