Prev: LEG-like figures Next: Re: Dirtside Rules Question

Re: Dirtside Rules Question

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 18:01:29 +1200
Subject: Re: Dirtside Rules Question

Ryan wrote:
> This begs a question. Can a VTOL do an opfire vs an aerospace,
assuming its in arc of its weapons? The military guys always note the
difficulty of fighters attacking helo's in RL. They move around on you
but still get to hide down in the brush. (one pass he's here, the next
pass he's over there and shooting at you as you come in...)

>From my own experience (limited to flying Apache's in Microprose's
Gunship 2000), only Air to Air weapons have a chance of hitting a
fighter. So, in my rules and in our games, we've split up GMS into two
categories, Ground Attack (which are the same as normal GMS), and
AntiAerospace or THAAD. AntiAerospaces or THAAD GMS draw chits equal to
size class (AAGMS/L: 1 AAGMS/H: 2 etc), but can intercept aerospace or
VTOL elements.

Just my point of view.

Andrew Martin
Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Online @ 33,600 Baud!
-><-

Prev: LEG-like figures Next: Re: Dirtside Rules Question