Prev: Re: 15mm miniatures - where to find? Next: Re: [SGII] Bugs, Mr. Rico! A whole lot of 'em!

[SGII] Bugs, Mr. Rico! A whole lot of 'em!

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 19:48:19 GMT
Subject: [SGII] Bugs, Mr. Rico! A whole lot of 'em!

Let me preface this by saying that I'm not a big fan of Riveresco
(http://www.halcyon.com/shamrock/) figures.  They tend to be crudely
sculpted, stiffly posed, and awfully skinny (John McEwan is of the 25mm
=
1/72nd scale school of thought).

But, that being said, some of his figures are pretty neat.  And the
prices
are usually right (except for his landships, cool though they are....).
And
the Dreenoi -- Insectoid aliens -- are one of his better lines.  The new

expansions to the Dreenoi
(http://members.xoom.com/minipage/new/shaSep99v1.html)
make them even better suited toward properly Heinleinan "Starship
Trooper"
Bugs.  I'm actually going to place an order for these, along with some
of
his cheap helicopters (for use with Destroy All Monsters!).

That's it.  I just thought that folks might be interested.  Espscially
with
all the recent talk about nukes....

John Crimmins	 john1x@hotmail.com    johncrim@voicenet.com
	http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim/index.html
    Home of "Destroy All Monsters!" and other nonsense.

Prev: Re: 15mm miniatures - where to find? Next: Re: [SGII] Bugs, Mr. Rico! A whole lot of 'em!