Prev: Re: You people are evil. Next: Re:Gothic Thrust: A Battlefleet Gothic Full Thrust variant

Re: From the Mouth of St. Jon the Oracle

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 22:39:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: From the Mouth of St. Jon the Oracle

Thomas Barclay wrote:
>Now, it's kind of a pity too that we couldn't get a 25mm moulding in
>Resin of Brian's kitbashed VTOL. That would be a great assault
>vehicle.... I wonder if that would be feasible? I don't actually know
>how upscaling works or what it costs. But its a sharp looking piece of
>kit.

Thank you! AS for taking mouldings off it, that would be very cool, but
it
would mean taking the thing apart, at least into several sections! Ain't
gonna happen! That VTOL was a one-off - even if I wanted to build a
sister
ship, there's no way it'll be identical. I'm too loose a builder for
that
to happen.

That said, building it was actually not that hard. (Replicating it
exactly
_would_ be!) Take 1 Hokum body, and assemble w/ cockpit. Cut most of the
tail off, and then cut the bottom half off the remainder. Fit one of the
Hokum's engines into the resulting reccess. Glue solidly, and putty any
holes, including the rotor mount hole on top of the body.

For the wings, take two A-10 wings. Assemble, then cut the end third
off.
Invert the remainder, then saw & file the trailing edge until it
resembles
a real wing again. Glue solidly to the body. Pins might not be a bad
idea,
or epoxy.

For engines, assemble the A-10s engine pods. Glue one on each end of the
wings, at a good angle. Pins and epoxy are both required here. Some
trimming of the engine pods might be needed.

Putty as needed, paint, dullcote, decal, etc. Viola, one very
interesting
looking VTOL attack craft... Total work time, about 12hrs. (it
took me a week and a half, because I HAD to have it finished for a con
game. But I had no social life for that time... great con, though!)

After that, you could partly dismantle your own to make casting molds
from! Pictures of mine are available at
<http://warbard.iwarp.com/sg2gallery.html>. Anyone seriously interested
in
more details, please contact me off list.

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		   - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-

Prev: Re: You people are evil. Next: Re:Gothic Thrust: A Battlefleet Gothic Full Thrust variant