Prev: Re: Commo Traffic and Direction Finding... Next: RE: Re:Commo Traffic and Direction Finding...

Re: New vehicles photos

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 18:04:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: New vehicles photos

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999, Eli Arndt wrote:

> Hey, I like it.  I had somethign simular planned, based on a Russian
Hind.
> I think the Russian helicopters almost have a sci-fi look to them,
being
> slihgtly bulkier than US vehicles.  I think ya done good.

Plus, everyone knows what an Apache looks like...with the Hokum, you get
"Hey, what's that?" rather than, "Hey, what did you do to that Apache?".

That's the reason I use the German Marder IFVs as well - no instant
recognition. I don't care if you eventually recognize the original(s),
but
if all you can think of is "That's an M113" instead of "That's a scifi
APC" that's not cool...

Thanks, and good luck with your projects!

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html

> >From: Brian Burger <yh728@victoria.tc.ca>
> >To: GZG-L <GZG-L@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
> >Subject: New vehicles photos
> >Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 23:39:37 -0700 (PDT)
> >
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I just finished uploading a batch of new sg2 photos, all of the
> >tilt-turbine VTOL kitbash I've mentioned a couple of times. Get thee
to:
> ><http://warbard.iwarp.com/sg2gallery.html> and scroll down...
> >
> >Personally, I think this thing is really, really good looking, but
then
> >I'm biased... :> All opinions/questions/whatever welcomed!
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-