Prev: New vehicles photos Next: In balanced view of aliens

Re: Adding PDS and automated vehicle defenses to SG2.

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 00:42:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Adding PDS and automated vehicle defenses to SG2.

For APFC in SG2, we use the CMD rules. Basically, any enemy infantry
with
5" (I think) get attacked witha d8. The d8 is also used as a Secondary
die
vs incoming IAVR shots. I figure sensor suites will get better and
better, so I can't be bothered fiddling with 'did that rock trigger your
APFC?'. (or with exact # of charges per side. I just figure 'lots', and
that it'll probably only be used once or twice per SG2 game anyway.)

There was a long thread on this ages ago, I remember. I can't recall
specifics, but prowling Jerry's archives might pull something up. I'll
have a look tomorrow night, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

As for PDS, I'd say treat it as a RSAW or SAW if you remove it from the
PDS roll and fire it regularly. It could also be HEL/1, I guess. Lasers
seem the obvious way to smack incoming missles. Vs missles, use the DS2
PDS die type, according to system quality.

Reactive armour in SG2 - don't know. Extra d8 or something to defend
against GMS, plus a d6 attack on ALL targets within 2"? Here's an idea -
one of the list's propeller head math nuts please work out exactly how
much (as %) having reactive armour in ds2 reduces GMS damage. Then work
back into SG2, and figure out which dice would give roughly the same
%...
I know people have done damage breakdowns (statistics stuff) for DS2 -
anyone done similar for SG2 and want to combine the two? (I wouldn't
even
know where to start, honestly...) d8 sounds 'right', though.

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		   - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-

Prev: New vehicles photos Next: In balanced view of aliens