Prev: [DSII] Megaforce (No, not the movie...) Next: Re: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means)

Re: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means)

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 22:53:17 -0400
Subject: Re: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means)

>> Ok picture this scene. Said Yahoo with shoulder fired
launcher (oh by the way a
>> nuke warhead right now weighs in at under 60lbs so lets
half that or quarter it
>> for a little micro nuke seeing we're talking 200 years
from now  lets fly and
>> vaporizes the back half of the lander a 1000 feet up.
>
>Nukes don't get any smaller due to physics. Also your guy
fires a nuke
>1000 feet up. How much lead is he carring around? I do not
want to be
>anywhere close to 1000 feet from any nuclear detonation.

Mk replied:
I'd imagine that one of the more radical IF might not worry
about that too
much.

To which I add:
Allahu akbar! (****BOOM****) = 1 more glorious martyr among
the houris, plus a lot of (briefly but thoroughly) upset
assault troops.

Certain Islamic nations, present day real world, are
teaching their kids in school that they too can aspire to be
martyrs, and it's really the best thing that the kids can
do.  Let's say this programming only "takes" on 5% of the
kids...there's still no shortage of people willing to drive
a truck bomb.  I don't see the Islamics as having any
problem at all with sacrificing a ghazi and a launcher to
knock out a lander.

Prev: [DSII] Megaforce (No, not the movie...) Next: Re: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means)