Prev: Re: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means) Next: Re: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means)

Re: Shoulder launched nukes?

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 17:21:18 -0700
Subject: Re: Shoulder launched nukes?

At 1:11 PM -0700 9/24/99, Mark Reindl wrote:
><x-flowed>
>Hmm, I don't know about shoulder-launched, but I do know that the US
Army
>deployed a tactical weapon in the 50's called the Davey Crockett.  It
was
>small enough to be (2) man-portable, but in order to fire it, the crew
had
>to dig a hole first, which they would jump into before they fired the
weapon
>so as not to get caught in the blast.	I think I actually have a video
clip
>of the thing in action on tape somewhere.

sounds tailor made for power armor troopers, they'd use a 2MP weapon
a sidearm :-)
Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.
Overkill: A Sufficient Preponderance of Firepower
http://www.flash.net/~maserati/
Security and Privacy Alert:
http://www.cryptonym.com/hottopics/msft-nsa.html