Prev: DS2 - Backup Systems Points Cost Next: Re: Adding PDS and automated vehicle defenses to SG2.

Re: Adding PDS and automated vehicle defenses to SG2.

From: UsClintons@a...
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:11:33 EDT
Subject: Re: Adding PDS and automated vehicle defenses to SG2.

I have toyed with the idea of adding PDS but I am not sure they would be
cost effetive and size effective.  The targeting systems, ammo
supply/energy consumptoin (due to high ROF) would make them prohibitive
on all but the largest AFVs.  And even then I think you would prob. get
more bank for your buck by getting more armor instead.	Just my opinion
mind you :-)

As for:
>> And the other one is the Vehicular Defence Charge
>> (or APDC or whatever) - side mounted claymores
>> triggered by infantry moving within x" of the
>> vehicle.

I am of the firm opinion that these would be impractical.  Any ground
rock, tree or other object that the AFV moved near would likely set them
off if they were automatic.

If they were not automatic you might as well just mount a AGL on the
vehicle.  Again, just my 2 cents.

Scott Clinton

PS I see no prob. with reactive armor.	Though in SG2 I think the
best/simplest way to represent this would be with a higher class of
armor.

Prev: DS2 - Backup Systems Points Cost Next: Re: Adding PDS and automated vehicle defenses to SG2.