Prev: Re: SG2: Little HMMWVs (Hummers) Next: Re: Sandcasters & Hull Repairs

Re: Sandcasters [My version]

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 07:40:25 -0700
Subject: Re: Sandcasters [My version]

>Thus 3x 3"x1" templates (roundish) could be laid end to end depending
on
>how the deploying vessel was moving.

I'dsay that if you're going to use the templates, keep them round: 3"
dia.

>Ships that pass through it at greater than 5 velocity diff would take
>1 pt of damage for every point. (its sufficeintly dense to represent
many
>micrometeorite fragments striking en-masse)

I have some difficulty with the idea that a ship mounted weapon could
generate sufficient particle density to do this.

>It would make things more tactically interesting and would represent a
>hard object on the table. Red force would have to maneurver to get a
>better shot on the protected vessels. It also closely emulates the DDs
of
>WWII laying a large smoke screen to protect larger high value vessels.

I like the idea of blocking terrain, but I think that a ship mounted
weapon
that generates it would have to be priced and massed outside the realm
of
escorts.

Schoon

Prev: Re: SG2: Little HMMWVs (Hummers) Next: Re: Sandcasters & Hull Repairs