Prev: RE: [DS2] Dice based damage Next: RE: [OT] Honor Harrington miniatures

RE: [OT] Honor Harrington miniatures

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:19:31 +0100
Subject: RE: [OT] Honor Harrington miniatures

>The reason the back, or "kilt", end of the wedge is narrower
>is that the ship
>is riding the bow-wave of the pressure generated by the two
>grav bands.
>Described (by David Weber himself I believe) like squeezing a
>watermelon seed
>between your fingers.	As far as clothing analogies goes, it's
>more a case
>that the shot is going into her/his ass-end then it is a comparison to
>relative end-widths of Scottish fashion.

Thanks Chris for the reference, IMO its a bad metaphor he
could have said up the a** but that would have been a
a bit *too* offensive (though swearing in most military SF is
pretty much standard along with detailed descriptions and metaphors
for disembowelling :-/) but a better match to the throat metaphor.
The seed metaphor is excellent however.

-= tim jones =-

Prev: RE: [DS2] Dice based damage Next: RE: [OT] Honor Harrington miniatures