Prev: Re: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means) Next: RE: Resin Casting

Re: Resin vehicles - customizing

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 21:35:57 -0400
Subject: Re: Resin vehicles - customizing

>I'm having minor mechanical problems (my resin says "read
the box
>for the mold you are using for the amount of hardenn\er").
I have
>a mold for the end that I like, although it doesn't quite
match
>the books, the curves are a bit beyond my carving skill, at
least
>in Fimo.  I just need to make the center section work, cast
one,
>use the dremel to add detail, and make another mold. :)
>
>What I really need is a better medium than fimo, the stuff
is too
>elastic even before baking.  Anyone know what a "real"
moldmaker
>uses?

Those of you in the US can call Castolite (they probably
have an 800 number, which you can get from 1-800-555-1212)
and ask them to send you photocopies of articles on mold
making.  Castolite resin is acrylic or acrylic polyester,
transparent, and you can buy color pastes to add to it.  I
sell a gallon for something like $70, although I think it
comes in quarts as well.

Prev: Re: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means) Next: RE: Resin Casting