Prev: Re: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means) Next: Re: How big is a troopship? [DS/FT/SG2] (and what it all means)

Re: Kudos to Brigade Minis

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 16:34:52 -0700
Subject: Re: Kudos to Brigade Minis

At 7:48 AM -0700 9/23/99, Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:
> >Is there a link?
>
>It should be:
>
>http://www.tonyfrancis.free-online.co.uk/Brigade.htm
>
>Schoon

looks like the whole tonyfrancis.free-online.co.uk subdomain is
blocked out right now. Scream LOUD at the ISP.

The worst I've seen was this DNS entry an ISP set up for us:

ftp.mycompany.com	CNAME	ftp.mycompany.com  [1]

that hostname resolves to itself :-) I laughed for a minute,
apologized to the six people with paying clients needing to get at
files on that server, and tried to get the dimwit (he had it
resolving to an IP # earlier that day, and changed it for no apparent
reason) who did it fired. I had to settle for embarressed apologies
from the dimwit, the president of the ISP, and the client who
recommended them to us.

to keep this ontopic I'll volunteer to yell at free-online for you

[1] names changed to protect the clueless

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.
Overkill: A Sufficient Preponderance of Firepower
http://www.flash.net/~maserati/
Security and Privacy Alert:
http://www.cryptonym.com/hottopics/msft-nsa.html