Prev: Re: Resin vehicles - customizing Next: Re: Sandcasters [My version]

RE: Resin vehicles - customizing

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 15:14:46 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: RE: Resin vehicles - customizing

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Tim Jones wrote:

> Its very probably going to melt and fling hot plastic about
> Drilling with a hi-speed motor drill has a similar effect.

The resin bits from GZG just make lots of little filaments and dust when

I dremel them.

One hint when shaping lead bits with dremel cutter/grinder attachments
(the metal ones with teeth), use a bit of water on the part and in the
hole/grooves you are cutting. The water cools the bit and keeps it from
over heating. Over heating will cause it to loose its temper and soften.

Once it does that, the bit is useless.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: Resin vehicles - customizing Next: Re: Sandcasters [My version]