Prev: RE: APDs, LSD's and LPAs Next: RE: APDs, LSD's and LPAs

RE: APDs, LSD's and LPAs

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 00:10:10 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: RE: APDs, LSD's and LPAs

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Robertson, Brendan wrote:

> Vehicles stored as cargo are transferred to the shuttle/dropship deck
for
> deployment (internal elevators & corridors are abstracted out of the
> equation).  The 1.5x space is needed for combat deployment, if you've
got a
> couple of hours to deploy then you can use the 1x cargo (difference
between
> RORO vessel & container ship).
> I think if you want repair facilities available, you'd need to use the
1.5x
> space.  This would take into account things like heavy repair
equipment,
> spare parts, munitions etc.

This makes sense. I'll adopt it as canon.

> The size 1 dropship fits in 10 troops ready for deployment + 2 x
HEL/2.	If
> the dropship didn't have the 2x HEL/2, then you could fit in 20 combat
ready
> troops (it's only a short hop to the surface).

> The resin models that GZG sell are variable as to the size.
> In SG, I use the small resin as a size 4 dropship & the large one as a
size
> 7 dropship.

??!!?

> For DS, the small one (pictured in the DS/FT conversion section) would
be
> about mass 40-50 & the large one about mass 70-80.  It comes down to
what
> scale you want to actually use yourself & which game you play.

I can't see how the one that is bigger than 2 building blocks is a size
7. Surely thats much larger than size 7 ( modular craft if I ever saw
one) Oger Figures are dwarfed by it. The ship they show in that section
is
huge. Have you seen the model first hand? Surely thats a 25
mass craft. Or are we mixing terms? You say mass 70-80. Thats the size
of
a cruiser. Do you mean CS 70-80?

Because looking at the smaller platoon sized Landers, it looks as if 4
size 3 tracks could be fit inside given some transporter type handling
gear (like a car carrier).

Its about 3.2 times as long as the triton IV tanks that I use for size 3

vehicles. Size 5 tracks come out as the larger tanks in Battle tech.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: RE: APDs, LSD's and LPAs Next: RE: APDs, LSD's and LPAs